Today's security model - problem size and solution scope
50 % of Web Business has had a breach in 2015 - 91% of all healthcare organizations in last two years.
Trustnetworks solution blocks all breach effects in real-time.
The average breach cost is $4m - 4x cost increase, dependent on sector!
Trustnetworks reduce breach cost by orders of magnitude.
Time to fix costs money - 201 days to identify breach, 70 days to mitigate. Half the time, reduce cost by 20%.
Trustnetworks reduces resolution time to zero.
The fortress security model problem - why current solutions are not working
The Key-Lock model isn’t working. Individuals and organizations on the Internet are secured within digital fortresses.
- Users are overwhelmed with passwords and tokens (so they use the same one).
- Distributed 2-factor auth. aids management overhead, not inherent weaknesses.
- Trust has been equated with a key (is this entity entitled to use this key?).
- Concentrates risk (the prize is inside a single target entity).
- As we connect more things, security decreases as the attack surface increases.
When fortresses fail, they fail completely! Only a minor breach opens the doors to APTs.
- Attack through stealth and subversion of trust (steal the key, steal the identity/trust).
- Very often defense is reactive not pro-active and unlikely to be comprehensive.
- You can do everything right to secure your fortress and still be broken into.